DO or DON'T: Dressing Up Your Dog

 

DO or DON'T: Dressing Up Your Dog

The window of opportunity for a legit discussion about dog clothes on a fashion blog like STF is pretty darn narrow. (Too narrow, some Bark Jacobs fans might say.) You can only really get away with it when some adorable little tuxedoed pup prances down the aisle or a gang of pugs steal the scene from Valentino. But I think, with it being Halloween and all, it's the perfect time to indulge in this guilty-pleasure chat. Let's start by over these doggy fashion photos, shall we?

"Fix Any Bad Dog Behavior in Minutes With The Most Powerful Dog Training Technique Ever"



The window of opportunity for a legit discussion about dog clothes on a fashion blog like STF is pretty darn narrow. (*Too *narrow, some Bark Jacobs fans might say.) You can only really get away with it when some adorable little tuxedoed pup prances down the aisle or a gang of pugs steal the scene from Valentino. But I think, with it being Halloween and all, it's the perfect time to indulge in this guilty-pleasure chat. Let's start by www-ing over these doggy fashion photos, shall we?
I'll admit, I have a soft spot for animals in clothing. Friends send me birthday cards featuring kittens in bonnets and Little House on the Prairie dresses, a photo of a rabbit wearing a pancake sits on my fridge and I often send the mind-boggling Sugar Bush Squirrel website to friends having an off day. So it pretty much goes without saying that if I had a dog (I can't get one until the beau and I move into an apartment that's bigger than a breadbox), if I could embarrass my puppy with a Halloween costume like this, I would.



Image may contain Animal Pet Mammal Canine Dog Bulldog and Boston Bull




I'm not sure I'd doll my pet up in designer dog clothes, but some of them--like these spiffy winter coats from Mulberry's new dog line--are tempting.


Image may contain Animal Pet Dog Pug Mammal and Canine


Image may contain Animal Dog Pug Mammal Pet and Canine


These adorable snaps surfaced in my inbox last week and they were kind of too good not to share with you lovely ladies--as was this leopard-print Juicy Couture canine coat that I just spotted at Neiman Marcus (for $75 if you want to know).
\

Image may contain Animal Mammal Canine Pet Dog and Puppy

__So really, there are three crucial things to mull over: 1) Is dressing up your dog in cute clothes a DO or a DON'T? 2) How 'bout followed? If you give it twtwo thumbsp, what's your dog dressing up as this season? 3) On a scale of 1 to 10, how adorable are these dogs?! __

"Fix Any Bad Dog Behavior in Minutes With The Most Powerful Dog Training Technique Ever"